Dia dhaoibh ar maidin!! Test tubes and petri dishes...Covid finally got us.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
We just got back from a UK/Ireland tour vacation. I have some English/Irish roots. It wasn't a homecoming thing, it was something that's been planned for months. We just wanted a good, historically rich place to go. It didn't disappoint. The Edinburgh Castle was cool, plus we saw the old Trim castle they used in the movie Braveheart for scenes.

BTW, "Dia dhaoibh ar maidin" is Irish Gaelic for "Good Morning" to a group of people. It's literally "God to you this morning" but that's the generally accepted phrase for "Hello to you this morning". Sorry, that's all I got. Gaelic looks cool in writing, but pronouncing it is more akin to russian. Letters don't get pronounced the same as you would think.

One of the highlights of the trip, at least for me, was while in Belfast, we got to write a hopeful message on the "Peace Wall" between the two main factions (we could have written anything we wanted to on the wall). We were also blessed with a tour from a guy who grew up during "the Troubles" and he had many interesting stories about how he survived it all. If you want a highlight of where not giving in on either political side ends up, the Irish had been doing it for YEARS.

The absolute low point was the fact that two days before coming home, we got the Covid. My slight fever has broke last night finally, but it's so far like having the flu. But horrible time to have it while travelling. Especially the 8+ hour plane flight back from Dublin in a test tube. A whole slew of people were hacking and yakking, including us. It's one thing to do that flight when in good health, but doing it with the crud is miserable.

We travelled around on a big azz luxury tour bus. Great accomodations, but I told the wife that the two ladies on the bus that were hacking and yakking from day 1 were going to infect us all. And SURE ENOUGH. The petri dish effect came into play. Some got it earlier than others. We decided to put on masks after we started feeling ill. Not to protect us from others, but to keep us from blowing cheese on others nearby out of respect. Science has already proven most masks don't really work.

Reactions: 1 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Vitamin C, D and Zinc. Gargle with salt water and sunlight.

Glad you made it home ok.

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Well, meaning after you do everything you can to keep the little buggies at bay, get out side get some sun rays...

Sunlight is best anti viral there is

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor