Hello from the new guy

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I doubt I know any more than you fine folks but if I can ever give any advice or lend a hand, count me in.
It's refreshing to hear a new member offering advice. The normal new member first post is usually, 'I ripped the emissions junk off my car and now it won't run - help!' or 'can I put this huge cam in my stock 305 for more power?', etc.

We welcome your enthusiasm. I've had one or more Malibus in my stable for all but 3 of my licensed driving years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Welcome to our corner of the 'net!

Reactions: 1 users

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
It's refreshing to hear a new member offering advice. The normal new member first post is usually, 'I ripped the emissions junk off my car and now it won't run - help!' or 'can I put this huge cam in my stock 305 for more power?', etc.

We welcome your enthusiasm. I've had one or more Malibus in my stable for all but 3 of my licensed driving years.
See you've already answered 2 of the first questions I was going to ask, and I'm only 24 hours in! What I'm hearing is yes to my .500 lift cam in the old stock 305 with the 2 barrel carb and absolutely rip the emissions off all my junk so I can become a better tech? I like your style man! Honestly though, I've been fielding questions like that in shops and from buddys for sooo long haha just like you guys have. There's so much bad info online and also just lack of attention span from some younger people I think they have a hard time listening or watching thru until the end so they run off half cocked with just enough to get in trouble sometimes. Growing up, and still to this day I could listen to an old timer talk about a certain job or story or especially car or anything really, for hours just to learn and try to put myself in that era. Nowadays it's everything as fast as possible and nothing retained because we can just look it up again later online. I'll stop before I run off half cocked. Haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
pics or it didn't happen

Reactions: 1 user

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
pics or it didn't happen
I have a few pics gathered, need to get a few more. Most of the G-body stuff I owned years ago was just phone pics and lost when phones were lost or broken unfortunately so I had to use a pic of one of the customers Monte's I built years ago for the little pic by my name. I'm still new at this and haven't figured out how to make an album honestly. I've never been a contributing member of any forums or anything like that. Wrote a couple "how to guides" on simple repairs for this and that but I've gone further here already then I've gone anywhere ever so I'm still figuring it all out. All you fine folks have been great I might add. Thanks for that.

Reactions: 3 users

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
Welcome to the forum! I too like G-bodies and S-10's :)
I definitely noticed that mint Extreme sitting next to your Regal sir. I thought "thats a guy I could have a hydraulic sandwich with. My first car was an 84 regal limited in dark blue, got it when I was 15 and I absolutely loved it until my aunt borrowed it fot a quick errand when I was 17 and totaled it. I was devastated. A month later I found an 88 standard cab 4cyl 5 speed s10 with 15x8 Vette rallye wheels. Total stripper model with zero options but I fell in love and I still own it!

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
pics or it didn't happen
Just for you, I figured out how to add pics. Added a few of my Monte SS (half anyway) storage unit score, you'll note how little I had to go on when bidding on this unit and ive never done the auction deal before either so I'm a total rookie, and some pics of customers cars I've built and shop cars i built to advertise our custom work. That was years ago but they were the first ones I came across and I didn't want to come across like a poser haha. I'll get some more as we go along.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor