My living nightmare question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbonanny

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2013
Jenkins Twp, Pennsylvania
I have a 1978 Monte carlo. I did a frame of restoration myself on the car in '94-'95. The car is beautiful. My dada & I slowly built the car to get it well on its way to being an official "bad *ss" car. Now all my paint work is complete and I'm slowly putting everything back together as I am able...as I'm disabled these days and don;t do well at all except for the 4 real months of the year...mid-june, juuly, aug into mid September.

I now have a car with 75% of the tubular suspension, sway bars, dampening etc etc etc with the basis of that aspect of operations has s superior foundation! I have huge brakes on all 4 corners, 3" stainless steel dual exh pipes with a crossover pipe, dump pipes ect... and the engine with it's 604 HP makes for one hell of ride!

I have a problem! maybe my message made you laugh so you're attention being caught you'll see my questions...... WHY OH WHY can't I find a rear decklid spoiler kit or someone who makes them at reasonable rates? Being a disabled vet, I don't have a lot of money...but I do know what a LOT of guys who's "muscle cars" are the cars they grew up with...the Iroc Z * Z 28, The Mustang GT etc etc etc,..... Now, something that i used to be a normal p[art of a car was rear deck lid spoiler. No WE-TODD-ED wings, just a declid spoiler.... Please teach me to make on for my 78 Monte Carlo or make me ione yourself... I bets this of the! Thanks!

There are a few other items I'd love to help you out with....but I need a spoiler 1st!!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Other than a pedestal rear deck spoiler, which I don't think would even look right you might try to modify reproduction Malibu spoiler
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=253061795730

1550976370406.png

https://www.facebook.com/Jp16fiberglassparts/?epa=SEARCH_BOX
1550976584709.png

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I think that 565 hit the nail on the head with that ducktail type. anything else might be going the ricer style.

thank you for your sacrifices that you've made in your service to our country.
1551006749279.png

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Depending on how you are at body work you may be able to get on for a 1St or second generation camaro and make it fit

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Welcome from Iowa. I personally would love to see pictures of your car! As for a spoiler. Maybe you can adapt a Monte SS spoiler. The problem I see is our trunks slope down so much most spoiler would look out of place. Some one on here has done it though. I am not sure who it was. Check out the picture thread for our cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor