Firebird rear spoiler mounting help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandprixpaul

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2011
Commerce township , mi
Just wondering how everyone has been dealing with the studs on the firebird rear spoiler when attaching it to the trunk lid ,didnt want to crack the fiberglass by removing the studs unless its only way

87_Gbodies

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2012
So Cal
Elky81 said:
Use a piece of cardboard and make yourself a template by pushing the studs through the cardboard,then transfer those to
your trunk lid and you won't have to touch the studs.Just my.02!!

X2 then line the template up to your trunk, tape it down and drill through the holes in the cardboard. You'll need a 1" hole saw for the back side.

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
WARNING!!!!!! that spoiler is not an exact fit you will have to add a spacer between the trunk and the studs of the spoiler . The wing tips hits the quaters!!!!!!!!!!

reggie

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
warmonga said:
WARNING!!!!!! that spoiler is not an exact fit you will have to add a spacer between the trunk and the studs of the spoiler . The wing tips hits the quaters!!!!!!!!!!

reggie
thats only on a cutlass because the edges of the trunk lid sit higher than where it mounts. on a gp, the middle of the trunk is raised higher than the edges

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
even if the spoiler does not attach to the raised portion of the trunk lid he should be ok for clearance..

Attachments

• P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,936

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
Oh my bad I taught it was going on a cutty..
war

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
chstonebraker said:
what spoiler and what year car did it come off of im interested in this little mod
i assume hes talking about an early 3rd gen firebird spoiler, the 2 pedestal type

aka_rusty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2011
thanks for the idea, just got a 1988 spoiler for 140 bucks, mint... even had the glass attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor