Parts from 1985 caprice classic coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDR89

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2020
Manassas, VA
Can the 85 Caprice door hinges be used for a 1986 Grand Prix?

Attachments

• Caprice Classic 1985.JPG
    Caprice Classic 1985.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 289

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
How bad are they? Why not invest in some new hinge pins and bushings? That's if the holes are not badly elongated.
I wouldn't use shims.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

RDR89

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2020
Manassas, VA
How bad are they? Why not invest in some new hinge pins and bushings? That's if the holes are not badly elongated.
I wouldn't use shims.
Not horrible, yes that is good advise I will take it. The former owner used to muscle the door into place and because of that tore the door panel strap.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Generally they can be rebuilt with little effort. You can pretty much find the parts reasonably at the HELP aisle in your local auto parts store. Of course, you can purchase them at your local stealership for a bit more.
Btw, welcome aboard!

RDR89

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2020
Manassas, VA
Generally they can be rebuilt with little effort. You can pretty much find the parts reasonably at the HELP aisle in your local auto parts store. Of course, you can purchase them at your local stealership for a bit more.
Btw, welcome aboard!
Thanks man! I am new to Pontiac. Had a 1970 Fury, two 73 mustang convertibles. I love the 4 headlights and the dead wicked interior of this 86. I am paying $1,000 for it with the 305 and even the clock works! So whatever I put into it I feel good money wise.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Not horrible, yes that is good advise I will take it. The former owner used to muscle the door into place and because of that tore the door panel strap.
Try to fix what you have so they're fresh and new.

If you cant, I've got plenty of working used ones I could sell, just let me know.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor