02 Sensor Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Now has come the time for me to install my AEM guage/02 sensor AFR system.

Im currently not having the 02 bung welded in, but i do have the hooker blackheart 2.5" bung kit that should suffice for now.

Its going to be attached to the drivers side, instructions say at least 18" to 36" away from the header flange/exhaust port and 10* or more off centerline to prevent condensation buildup that will eventually kill the 02 sensor.

As for placement, what im lQQking at now is either the header flange where all four pipes dump into near the end or the 2.5" collector reducer and not on the exhaust pipe, i do have room for either location, would there be any preference over the other that would give me the best reading?

thanks

Attachments

• 02 location.JPG
    02 location.JPG
    546.8 KB · Views: 86

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
I've always wondered about having two bung locations, setting the AFR on one side of the engine, then setting up the other side, for worse case cenarios, you might have to stagger the jets in the carb because of the unequal length of the dual/single intake runners, as when checking plugs, one bank will typically run leaner/richer than the other bank.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
As you see in mine, Engine O2 Sensors are on the inside and stay plugged in, I can turn them on and off in the tune. I run the wideband on the outside when I need to make adjustments. How I prefer to tune a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor