10” wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Have any one mounted a 10” wheel with 5.5 bs on a el camino without rolling the fenders or notching the frame

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
I can't see that being possible. I have 8" Corvette Rallys with 4" backspace on my '87. Now my rear tires are 275/60 15's, so there's more rubber outside of the wheel, aka "sidewall bulge", than a larger wheel with a 35-40 series tire, but if you stick your fingers in between the tire and frame or tire and wheel opening, I guarantee you'll have dirty hands.

Bill

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
In most situations, a 10" wheel will require tweaking on one side or the other @ a stock height or @ both sides on anything lower.

What diameter 10" wheel? As billyjack mentioned, sidewall bulge & sidewall height play into the factors. Personal tastes/tolerances are another.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor