Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I don't care how many times I see that car, it is bad a*ss! I would love to build my own version of that car.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
are the stock units known to be problematic, or is it just in performance upgrades? remember, the wagon is a rustbucket, and not a good lookin one like the GTFAUX...

The factory front diffs are open and therefore a 3 wheel peeler, the Bully Racing unit makes it a true AWD system.

Reactions: 1 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
If I actually decide to do “some” CF wrap on my 87 and end up doing this, if we ever have a group get together, you all have my permission to one by one “slap the crap” outta me.
Just sayin’ . . . :doh:

So, how is it that wrapping your entire underhood and interior with CF reduces weight by 3-400lbs considering all the FWD add ons? I’m all for innovation but . . .

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
yeah, it's given me ideas for the Gypsy wagon, but I'm to cheap to buy a TBSS, even if it's wrecked... might think about an awd with the standard 5 or 6 cylinder though....
You could probably make a rainier/bravada/saab transfer case and front diff work.....denali/escalade.....or maybe even the earlier bravado or astrovan parts would work. My point is if you were committed to taking on this type of project, you could probably figure out a budget approach.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You could probably make a rainier/bravada/saab transfer case and front diff work.....denali/escalade.....or maybe even the earlier bravado or astrovan parts would work. My point is if you were committed to taking on this type of project, you could probably figure out a budget approach.

Pretty much.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Cool build but it's been posted a million times by now.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Pretty much.
I figured a bigger budget would be in order, but I'm looking to make just a unique daily/all weather driver. 3 wheel drive is better than one wheel peel in my book. it wouldn't be used for straightline or course racing.... maybe a jaunt around an autocross course every blue moon ( I do hand out with the scca guys that also do the cones!)

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I used to be pretty tough on the owner but I have loosed up. Car is cool and info on how it's done has trickled out so I am a bit more relaxed.

Basically the only TBSS stuff he used was the engine, trans and transfer case since he said in that video its a 70e. He also used a 98-05 S series front suspension and welded the back of the G body frame to the S truck front suspension.

Imagine doing an LS swap in a S truck but with a G body 4 link rear suspension and a cutlass body on top, that's basically what he did. I assume he has coilovers instead of the stock torsion bars up front and some aftermarket carbon brakes it looks like for a s10 2wd that just so happen to work on a 4wd.

Once I realized how it was done I had ideas on doing a build with a elco and a stock 4.3 S10 engine/trans. I have too many project ideas however.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor