12 bolt rear end swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

bww92ls1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2008
Smiths Grove, KY
Can anyone reply and let me know if a 69 Impala 12 bolt rear end can be put into a gbody. I will be cutting it down to stock gbody width. Is all the mounting points the same?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Nope, they sure aren't. I think the B body uses a different rear suspension than the 4 link used in a G car. IIRC, it uses 3 links, with an optional bolt on 4th used on Big Block cars and manual trans cars.

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas
bww92ls1 said:
Can anyone reply and let me know if a 69 Impala 12 bolt rear end can be put into a gbody. I will be cutting it down to stock gbody width. Is all the mounting points the same?

What engine combo are you running?
Is there a need beyond an 8.5 10bolt?

A quality rebuild and bolt in and you are pretty much good into the tens. Beyond that And I'd be looking into a custom 9 inch ford to bolt in.

Too much work for too little return to cut down and weld on the brakets on the 12 bolt.

magicsunset08

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2008
Indiana
bww92ls1 said:

Moser sells a 12 bolt bolt in swap. I am a Moser Internet dealer and can sell at a good discount. Let me know if you have any other questions.
[email protected] Thanks TP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor