mashud46

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2023
Anybody ever done a complete frame off rebuild and replaced all of the bolts on the frame / suspension? Just got my chassis back from powder coat and I'm either replacing everything or restoring what I can / want to. Looking for a bolt "kit" if available or at least a list of sizes if possible. Just seeing what's out there before individually measuring and replacing them if I have to. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_8239.jpg
    IMG_8239.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Most of your suspension components will come with the hardware included (control arms, sway bars, etc.). If you need body bolts they come as a kit (Kirban and others have them). Any original equipment you put back on, just clean and paint the bolts or replace with Grade 8.

Hutch

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
If you want IMO a really nice restoration don't use the bolts that come with the kits. I call them walmart bolts generic looking stuff. Use your original stuff well cleaned blasted and coated as long as they are not severely rusted and obvious lacking strength for the job they are doing. Pick n Pulls are a great source for OEM bolts!

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You can always check out this thread. It may help.

There's also this, if you don't mind buying from G-body Parts:

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I redid the suspensions on both of my cars. Saved one of each bolt for the front and rear suspensions. Then after I measured the length I called belmetric.com
in MA. You can buy ALL of the needed hardware from them. They carry regular hex head and also flange bolts like OEM in grade 10.9. They also sell prevailing torque lock nuts in regular hex and flange in 10.9. Do not use cheap hardware on your suspension. Also I would HIGHLY recommend not using nylock nuts.
Belmetric is fairly priced, you can purchase any amount, and they ship quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor