1978 MALIBU "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK"

Status
Not open for further replies.
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Also im going to get another stock hood, cut the bubble scoop off the GN HOOD, and fab it to the stock hood, so that i wont have that problem with the lines and front popping up lol !! IM GOING TO MAKE IT WORK!!

Hell yes. I really want to do this too. Its gonna put it over the top 😀

boatshoes said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Also im going to get another stock hood, cut the bubble scoop off the GN HOOD, and fab it to the stock hood, so that i wont have that problem with the lines and front popping up lol !! IM GOING TO MAKE IT WORK!!

Hell yes. I really want to do this too. Its gonna put it over the top 😀

OK OK, Well change of plans....when i took the Bu to the Body shop today, I mentioned the hood to him, And he told me to bring it and he will figure something out...either cutting it, or fiberglassing the front header...but he was going to try to bring it down some to not put so much fiberglass on the header panel...Hes the pro, its in his hands know...will ck in on saturday to see whats good :wink:

I was going to suggest putting the bubble on a stock hood, but figured you wouldn't be up for sheetmetal work if you didn't want to modify the header panel. Another possibility here is getting a TA shaker scoop & simply cutting out the hood forit & bond it to the hood with panel adhesive. May be simpler for you & pretty much the same look. Someone on el camino central & malibu racing did one & it looked pretty good.
http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36405

jlcustomz said:
I was going to suggest putting the bubble on a stock hood, but figured you wouldn't be up for sheetmetal work if you didn't want to modify the header panel. Another possibility here is getting a TA shaker scoop & simply cutting out the hood forit & bond it to the hood with panel adhesive. May be simpler for you & pretty much the same look. Someone on el camino central & malibu racing did one & it looked pretty good.
http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36405

The link u sent was about some wheels?lol...But i think im just going to let my body guy take care of it...he had a bunch of ideas up his sleeves when i dropped it off, im confident with hi,...sure it will look good,,and he knows i go for the stock and show look..

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Hey guys thanks thanks so much for the kind words, i hope i inspire u guy to get ur wrenching on..

Ok ok so im suppose to take TT Wed to body shop to get color sand and buff, i also put a thero sensor in the water neck, and been testing little things here and there...

Also been ordering some little goodies here and there, like decals for the air cleaner, emmissons, jack, etc etc decals from OPGI, also ordered and got today for gbodyparts.com is the a/c delete cowl so water wont drip into the bay.. I learned my lesson from project elko..lol, and elko warren told me about it too...

Huummmmm oh yea some new chevy chrome valve covers, with alll the mock up in the bay i put a cpl dents in the new 350 valve covers, so tossing those.. Ummmmmm oh wait and ordered my ELECTRIC CUTOUTS from BadlanzHPE STAINLESS steel kit.. Those are coming in the mail... This gbody bug just dosent stop!! :rofl:

Also im going to get another stock hood, cut the bubble scoop off the GN HOOD, and fab it to the stock hood, so that i wont have that problem with the lines and front popping up lol !! IM GOING TO MAKE IT WORK!! Staying positive and getting it done.. Stay tuned..

262E8B77-BEDA-4548-BCE7-1CAFF126EFAF-5187-00000399A27D85A2.jpg

397C33D3-3B5F-467E-B824-29CF69C5D6BD-5187-000003B1551DCF60.jpg

DE8726DB-E86A-4A0E-9544-A09460C9B639-5187-000003B156D174E0.jpg
hey saint i need a template of that driprail.. man ur movin to fast lol TT is coming along sweeeet AF!!!! cant wait to see it in action

So all my goodies came in da mail, all excited about the e-cuts, hopefully when i get TT back from body shop i can install asap... I think im done, ohhh no wait i still need my posi in da rear... Im going to go with 3.23 geara so that i wont have that high rev RPMS on the freeway since i dont have OD.. Learned my lesson with projec elko!

Cant wait to see what my body guys goin to do with the GN hood 🙂 ok well stay tuned :wink:

83189A49-43BA-4E4A-9A94-785C7DF9C4FB-876-000001266CA18BD6.jpg

Jack decal/emissons decal/air cleaner decal
B9090880-FFCA-4D22-9669-CBF4C2171368-876-0000012681DC526A.jpg

kuruption109 said:
nice bro.. what those stickers cost you?[/quote

Ummmm it was like $6.99 a sticker.. I also got the 350 sticker too since i got the new cleaner... Got them from OPGI..

Went to the body shop on Sat, and installed the ac delete cowl rain rail thingy.... Lol, big thanks to "brian" gbodyparts.com for the great communication.. He was very nice!! It was so easy to install,took me like 10 mins, no more water in the engine bay!! Yesssssssss!!

6AA4EBF2-2B1F-495B-AC38-14021B74BD1C-2477-000002599C5F9B66.jpg

84A05881-E49C-44EA-A2BF-A0B9A45FF26C-2477-00000259A21EE133.jpg

Took off my septre air cleaner while its at the shop, dont want it all scracthed up, my body guy is going to mess with the header panel.. So the gn hood will be all steal no glass no where... Hope it turns out good... Im sure it will 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor