Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 16, 2023
I have the original 305ho 4bbl motor , th350 and 2:73 posi rear end

Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
my dad retired from the customs service back in the mid 80's, and had 2 of them IIRC, a '78 and an '80.

ol' Bob's 9c1 was called "the bronze brick"... enter that in the search, and you'll probably find whatever you ever needed to know about one. I met Bob a couple years back, and probably one of the greatest people you could ever sit down with over a beer-n-big slab of beef. think he even peeks his head in from time to time...

Nice car. Since most of the 9C1 Malibus were 4 door cars, you've got something rare there. There was another member on this site for many years who had owned a similiar car since new. He sold it a few years ago, and the car fell on some hard times after that. Not sure of its whereabouts or condition currently. Maybe someone else here has some more info that they can share. Keep us updated with your progress. Any current pics of your Malibu?

Welcome aboard!
Very cool Malibu....a rare bird indeed. As my fellow member stated, there was another member on here for years that also had a 2-dr 9C1. He was the original owner since new. It had been sold several years back, but we don't know whatever happened to it.
Keep us updated on your assembly progress...and by all means, show us some pics of it.

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Do you know if that car was originally equipped with an 8 1/2" ring gear rear axle?
Unlikely, as there is no mention of assembly plant-installed A/G chassis 8.5 rears until 1984.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor