1979 Cutlass Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calais

n00b
Aug 31, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
I am seventeen and bought my first car this April: a 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais. The car has ~76k miles on it and the interior is almost mint. The car is pretty much all original except for the new vinyl Landau top I had put on it, new brake lines and a new master cylinder. I detail cars on the side and I keep my car in the best shape I possibly can. I will post some pictures soon.

n33no

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Welcome to the site!

High Roller

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2009
Cowtown USA, MN
Welcome,

Good pick for 1st car. Not many Calais out there either.

Doug

Calais

n00b
Aug 31, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
High Roller said:
Welcome,

Good pick for 1st car. Not many Calais out there either.

Doug

Thanks.

Well, I didn't really pick it; it more or less fell into my lap. A friend of my dad was trying to get rid of it (he was going to restore it but didn't have the time/money) and my dad mentioned I was looking for a car. I was looking for a Lincoln but was asked to check out a 70's Olds, sure why not? I took it for a test drive and fell in love. Even though it was an ugly duckling at first with its horribly cracked and oxidized Landau top, oxidized paint, rock-chipped nose and cracked grille. I had the vinyl top redone, the paint I've compounding myself and I bought an original replacement grille.

Now my car is beautiful and pretty rare. I have only ever seen one other Cutlass Calais out there, a '78. I go to car shows and never see another one, in my car club of 500+ cars I am the only one with a Cutlass Calais. I get offers almost every day to buy my car; in gas stations, at red lights even while I'm washing it in front of my house. I turn 'em down before they even offer a price. 8)

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
welcome! i'm 17 also and own a 78 cutlass calais for my first car

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
Calais said:
lightemup2 said:
welcome! i'm 17 also and own a 78 cutlass calais for my first car

It looks like yours is a bit more custom than mine. Gotta love them Cutlass Calais'. :D

lol yea, when i got it it needed body work, so i did that, and bought it with the motor redone and everything, but the interior is all original!! lol... i love the calais

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor