1979 grand prix 9000 miles. FOR SALE THIS WEEK ONLY!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2008
moline IL
just bought a 1979 pontiac grand prix with 9000 orig miles. The paint is super shiny 3 tone jade green(hahah), the vinyl top looks brand new. the interior is sportless. my uncle said the rear has never been set in, and the floors have never been touched with shoes. extra carpet on top of orig GM mats. no cracks, sunfade, nothing its near 100%.

Engine is a 301. orig belts, hoses, everything but battery and tires. Car runs like a top, all the belts and hoses look new. The trunk has never had anything put in it. working 8 track. the underneight looks new. there is very very little rust on the exhaust and it is still silver.

This car was a $5000 car with $2500 worth of options. custom ac, rally sport handling package exc. ,have the orig 1979 title, build sheet, manual, window sticker, PDI paperwork, all the delco radio paperwork, everything that came with the car, also like new.

Its a damn odd car. What do you think it is worth? Dirty in the pictures, it made a 3 hour trip home, in the weather without a hicup.

last time drove was 15 years ago. been well stored in my uncles barn on his farm, true barn fine.

cool site guys.

DSC03715.jpg

DSC03718.jpg

DSC03728.jpg

DSC03715.jpg

DSC03725.jpg

DSC03737.jpg

DSC03736.jpg

DSC03746.jpg

DSC03744.jpg

DSC03732.jpg

DSC03748.jpg

DSC03741.jpg

DSC03691.jpg

DSC03677.jpg

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Nice score man, welcome to the forum. Do you have any plans for it? Or are you keeping stock?

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
I say take it to Barrett-Jackson!!! It's 30 model-years old, and in that shape you'd make a pretty penny on that GP.

Another possibility is to contact the Pontiac Historical Society, or any club affiliated with old Pontiacs such as POCI. (Trans Am Nationals would be a great place to start as well!!)

Looks like you have a gold mine there with the mileage and condition, and green in any shade was very popular at Barrett-Jackson this past January. To quote Indiana Jones, "It belongs in a museum!" It is that quality.

Munkey B

Greasemonkey
Jul 5, 2008
Detroit, michigan
since green is my favorite color. i love it.

more pice, more pics, more pics, more pics, more pics, more pics..........

i don't know if i'd sell it, i could really use it for parts. :lol: :twisted:

1979grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2008
moline IL
I will get you guys more pictures and specs later. It is a LJ with 9k. it is the grandpa style car. carpet never been touched. working 8 track. the top is 100% perfect, soft and smooth. there is only 2-3 small rock chips, hand painted pin strips, exc.. its about 98% perfect. think we may just ebay it and see what it is worth. we have a price in mind, and tho not super cheap, well worth the money. i have never seen another with this weird of colors, options, miles, and orig documents.

1979grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2008
moline IL
hello.

can someone steer me in thr right way on how to find out how many were built with this color combo, and options. someone told me this could be a rare care. and does every single bit of paperwork and orig title make it worth that much more. im talking build sheet and everything orig.

thanks

Munkey B

Greasemonkey
Jul 5, 2008
Detroit, michigan
PHS is probably your best bet.

i'm gonna try it for mine.

not sure how far back they go for info or production numbers.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
v8power said:
cut it up for a stock car
I *know* that was a joke. Right?

RIGHT?!

:twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor