1979 Pontiac Grand Am 4-speed for sale (not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the added pictures. I try to keep track of these cars, especially the 4 speed cars.
The number I've always heard for 4 speeds was 233 with 23 of those without A/C.
My valuation is now down quite a bit after seeing the broken lenses and more rust.....

It's looking rougher and less like a cream puff as shown in the added pics. That's too bad.
I still wouldn't mind owning it...but not for that kind of dough.

Last edited:
I didn't know they had a Z71 option on '79 grand ams. Slap some nobbys on it and hit the trail.

Now I know where this car ended up. I saw it on CL about 1 1/2 years ago, it was too far away (FL) and too rough for the asking price (which I don't remember, but seems to me it was close to the same price). Looks like someone did do a bunch of work on it, but it needed a bunch too. Looks like a 4WD the way it sits.

Kent, I've always heard the 233 number on 4spd Grand Prixes.

-Dave

• Agree
Reactions: UNGN
Kent, I've always heard the 233 number on 4spd Grand Prixes.

-Dave

We had a '79 GP and I think the letter from the PHS said 232. Its weird that Grand Am's had such a similar number. It was almost like they only built 1000 transmissions and artificially limited how many 4 speed G-bodies they built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor