1979 Pontiac Grand Prix #loriGprix

Str8sixfan

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2022
Pretty much am now ready for sanding on my bumper tuck series -
As an update, for the month of August I have been test driving the "shorts" format. Trying to upload one of those a day. Forcing me to get out in the garage and try to nudge the build along as opposed to waiting until I have time to do full length content. I so far have only missed one day this month, but appear to be on pace to hit 30/31 days. But I have progressed the build since. Last three days are of me test fitting the C4 Salad shooter wheels on the thing. See what you think!

Str8sixfan

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2022
Alright, into the final stretch of this project. On to the lowering springs!

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
In a way it's good to see some one struggle through and learning. In another way it's not good to see potential losing a body part or getting a spring in your chest.... Not fun.

Couple things... Give yourself room. Raise the car.

Use proper tools. A framing, ripping or claw hammer is not an automotive tool.

Cover your stuff. Blankets, old bath towels and fender covers...

There are spring clips you put on the coils that limit travel in tight spaces like you have. ... Couldn't find the ones I was thinking of, but attached pic of something similar that would work.

There are already too many on you tube that can't name a part, explain how it works, or do it correctly. Don't be one of them. Be a step above.

BTW car looks great, like watching the progress.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231105-230148.png
    Screenshot_20231105-230148.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20231105-230108.png
    Screenshot_20231105-230108.png
    437.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20231105-230352.png
    Screenshot_20231105-230352.png
    309.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: 1 users

Str8sixfan

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2022
In a way it's good to see some one struggle through and learning. In another way it's not good to see potential losing a body part or getting a spring in your chest.... Not fun.

Couple things... Give yourself room. Raise the car.

Use proper tools. A framing, ripping or claw hammer is not an automotive tool.

Cover your stuff. Blankets, old bath towels and fender covers...

There are spring clips you put on the coils that limit travel in tight spaces like you have. ... Couldn't find the ones I was thinking of, but attached pic of something similar that would work.

There are already too many on you tube that can't name a part, explain how it works, or do it correctly. Don't be one of them. Be a step above.

BTW car looks great, like watching the progress.

I can appreciate someone who knows the proper use of the word "too"! Thanks for watching.

Reactions: 1 user

Str8sixfan

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2022
Finally got the car on the ground post lowering springs, with the salad shooters on.
PXL_20231124_182517955.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor