1980 Malibu factory 305 w/4 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibe555666

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2022
Florida
That's my 70 chevelle ss....the green one. That one gets the garage. Haha. Malibu added to be daily driver. Will research to see what wheels. Maybe find something GM from that period that look nice. It's just so original dont want to mess with it, not super collectable car but with the 4 speed and being original does have some uniqueness to it, why I bought it.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome to the site! Very nice Malibu!

I'd say the rally wheels will look great. I have a set of the honeycomb hubcaps if that might interest you as an option..

20210820_155243.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Welcome to GBF from Seattle, Wa.
'78 Caballero and '79 El Camino.
I wholeheartedly agree with all the others, she is a beauty. I wonder if being a factory stick shift Malibu car, if that is one of the vehicles commonly referred to as an "Iraqi Taxi". From what I have learned on this site is that many vehicles were built in Canada to be shipped overseas to Iraq for use as taxi cabs, until the Shaw was chased out of Iraq and all of the cars built for taxi service were reassigned to be sold in Canada.
Being a 1980, your's may never have been intended for Iraqi service since the Shaw had been deposed more than a year earlier, and so may be an honest North American use 4spd. There were factory stick shift G-bodies (technically they are A-bodies) in 78-80. My Caballero is a factory stick shift vehicle.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Welcome to GBF from Seattle, Wa.
'78 Caballero and '79 El Camino.
I wholeheartedly agree with all the others, she is a beauty. I wonder if being a factory stick shift Malibu car, if that is one of the vehicles commonly referred to as an "Iraqi Taxi". From what I have learned on this site is that many vehicles were built in Canada to be shipped overseas to Iraq for use as taxi cabs, until the Shaw was chased out of Iraq and all of the cars built for taxi service were reassigned to be sold in Canada.
Being a 1980, your's may never have been intended for Iraqi service since the Shaw had been deposed more than a year earlier, and so may be an honest North American use 4spd. There were factory stick shift G-bodies (technically they are A-bodies) in 78-80. My Caballero is a factory stick shift vehicle.
I thought the 'Iraqi Taxi' cars were 4dr/3spd w/o console cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor