1980 Pontiac GP Bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete01768

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2007
So we are getting ready for the engine swap. FIRST i had to turn my car around in the garage . Naturally the mexicans i got to help me pushed too good and we slammed the back end into the rear garage wall. Now the bumper is pushed in on one side. How do I fix this.

Sounds like the energy absorber(bumper shock) is stuck in. Take a block of wood and a sledge hammer and place the wood against the edge of the bumper and give it a few blows with the sledge. Go easy, you're just trying to pop it back out not beat the hell out it. Be careful the wood and/or the hammer doesn't hit the body.
A better way would be with a short ram on a porter power from the chassis to the bumper, or a big bam-bam with the big hook attachment.
Just remember those shocks are under very high pressure and can burst if pushed to far out, and don't try heating them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor