1980 turbo Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATINO88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2013
Hi guys new to the site not new to g body's since I have owned 5 of them I am about to acquire a near mint condition 1980 Monte Carlo with the 3.8 turbo.... I am excited but also wanted to hear opinions on the car and what an be done to it since it is going to be a daily driver.... It does run and has everything working in order with only 29,000 miles on it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 791

PATINO88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2013
thnks I plan on painting it black eventually...not to fond of the color right now lol

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
turbo anything is cool...none the less a g body is doper!

Blake B

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2011
KS
Keep it brown, go look at the ”brown sugar” builds. That color would be so sick. All black is severely over dove on 3rd gens and no matter the color, everyone associates the car with the Training Day movie.. Blah, that's why I sold mine.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Awesome car man, brown or not. Lol. The 78-80 montes certainly do look good in black. Hope you choose gloss black, not some flat crap.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Very clean car! There is a ton of great stuff you can do to the motor. Wont be 'fast' but will definitely move out of its way. Ive got more done to mine than most. Heads, cam, custom downpipe, ported stuff, alky, ect. Just dont rip the turbo motor out. Be a shame to.

Good site for the before black cars- Info and stuff

http://beforeblack.net/

PATINO88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2013
Thanks for all the comments guys i havent been online for awhile so sorry for the delayed response. as for the color i am changing it to glossy black since im pretty much building my dream car n ive always wanted a black monte carlo...i havent done much to it yet except replace the stereo and get new brakes it is my daily driver so the 3.8 will stay in there for awhile with these crazy gas prices lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor