1981 Buick Regal 4.3 V8 swap options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
None will, unless your trans has a dual bolt pattern. You can get an adapter to use your existing trans. All of the different divisions use different mounts and BOPC use a different trans than Chevy.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
The 403 is easier to drop in but it does weigh more. The 403 is more true to the buick olds pontiac tradition. The 350 would be a better swap for a monte carlo b/c it requires virtually no fabrication. You should just go look at the 403 and see how it looks. If you see anything suspicious than just go w/ what you already have of course! Don't buy someone's headache! It's cheaper to just hand them some tylenol and drive off.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Anyone actually weigh a 403? The 77 and late blocks are lighter. Supposedly the SBO is slightly lighter than the SBC.

442Classic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 3, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
My vote is for either swap is to get a high compression Buick/Pontiac 350 with a 2004R out of a GN or Monte Carlo SS. Or just buy the transmission from Lonnie at Extreme Automatics.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
My opinion (worthless usually) get what you want and can afford, you can get the motor mounts that work, and all of the brackets easily, the trans, depends on what you are looking for, OD or stay with 3 speed they are easy to find also, and not all that expensive. And yes a lot of people put SBC in everything, why they are usually cheaper to build they are available most everywhere. It's your car, put in what you want and drive it and have fun, that's all that really counts. And just so you know I am one of those guys that wont put a SBC in my Olds, but it's my car and that's what I choose to do. This is your car, do what you want, just have fun with it.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor