1981 Buick Regal limited 3.8 - DOOR PANELS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankh 81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2017
South Carolina North Carolina
Hey what's up people I'm having a little trouble deciding on what to do about finding a good pair of complete door panels..the car came with power windows and door locks. What do yall think about the eBay NEW top half panels and the NEW clone bottom half panels with the speakers?? I don't care about the speakers I just want some good quality panels that will last another 36 years...it also will need weatherstripping and sweeps..I heard STEELE RUBBER PRODUCTS would be a great choice but expensive..What route do y'all think I should go? Any good advice will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
For seals I've been told soft seal is good as for door panels sorry I always had good luck with original ones I've never changed the color of them but I have died them most recently I painted a set with plastic paint

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The PUI upper door panels and rear inserts are very nice but pricey I would have bought them for my Regal but they don't stock a color that exactly matches my non original interior so I will be making my own with extra yardage of material that came with my seats.

Ankh 81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2017
For seals I've been told soft seal is good as for door panels sorry I always had good luck with original ones I've never changed the color of them but I have died them most recently I painted a set with plastic paint
Ok thanks I wish I did have the original panels but they where stolen while my car was in the shop

Ankh 81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2017
The PUI upper door panels and rear inserts are very nice but pricey I would have bought them for my Regal but they don't stock a color that exactly matches my non original interior so I will be making my own with extra yardage of material that came with my seats.
Really ok now that's a good ideal...you got me thinking if I could find some good used panels for a nice price manual or automatic windows...modify them if needed pick my material then I would be in business. Thanks I appreciate that

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I made the upper door panels and rear inserts in my Monte and will do something similar for the Regal when I get that far.
When I bought my seats from Cerullo for the Monte I ordered a few extra yards of matching material to do my door panels and headliner.
IMG_0897.JPG
IMG_1075.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor