1981 cutlass swap to 350 Chevy motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutlass1981

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 17, 2014
Pennsauken nj
I have a 1981 cutlass Supreme ive own since 1985 in high school. I brought a Chevy 350 motor I think it's in lt1 motor with 4 barrel carb and headers. I'm not a mechanic but I need help on what motor mounts i néed also size of bolts for motor mount , crossmember if I need to change it and size of bolt for cross member. Also help in installing motor if you have a video or instruction I can pay. I had a guy pull the old motor . Then he went away. Now I'm stuck with motor just sitting in car not even bolted here is pic of motor if any one can tell from pic if it's Lt1 motor or not . I can find bolts for motor mounts or cross member So GForum I néed help to get my baby back on the road . Thankyou or if there is a person that lives in south jersey around pennsauken or surrounding area that can come over give me a price I would appreciate it. Thankyou I won't to bring her back to life can someone tell me when I order motor mounts and transmission support kit what year and model of car and size engine do I ask for parts in autozone since I have a cutlass and I'm putting in a chevy 350 . Thsnkyou

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 1,899

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
It doesn't look like a LT1 (Gen 2) motor. You will need SBC motor mounts, you will have to unbolt the Olds motor mounts off your frame and bolt SBC mounts onto the frame.

Cutlass1981

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 17, 2014
Pennsauken nj
Clone TIE Pilot said:
It doesn't look like a LT1 (Gen 2) motor. You will need SBC motor mounts, you will have to unbolt the Olds motor mounts off your frame and bolt SBC mounts onto the frame.
When I go buy motor mounts what year car do I ask for and what size motor. Also for crossmember can I use the same one and what transmission mount kit do I order since I'm putting chevy th350

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Cutlass1981 said:
Clone TIE Pilot said:
When I go buy motor mounts what year car do I ask for and what size motor. Also for crossmember can I use the same one and what transmission mount kit do I order since I'm putting chevy th350

The search function is your friend...TRY IT.

When purchasing the frame mounts, get them for a G body Monte Carlo with a V8 and you should be OK. Your factory crossmember may not work with a TH350. It depends on what transmission came with your car. You can buy new aftermarket crossmembers from several vendors. If your car came with a 200R4, your crossmember will not work with a TH350. If you had a TH200 in your Cutlass, the TH350 is a direct swap.
See these links for more detail.

viewtopic.php?t=40993&p=353566

http://ls1tech.com/forums/8131496-post2.html

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
If you can get car to my house I will do it for the price I gave you months ago. I just dont have time to run out that way and get it. You have my number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor