1981 Grand Prix bucket seat upholstery search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2013
Hi All,

I have an 81 GP with a split bench front seat. I also have a set of 82-85-ish GP buckets, (can't recall the year of the car I pulled them from, but pic attached), that I want to swap in that are in good overall shape, but the drivers seat upholstery is trashed and the passenger seat is beyond just a cleaning.

I have spent hours searching for a direct replacement upholstery kit for the app, but I can't seem to find it. I have noticed that the general GM bucket seat architecture was used in many 80's to 90's cars, but the stitching placement, etc. can be slightly different.

Another member here posted a pic of 1993 Firebird buckets in their Elco, (hope you don't mind me borrowing your pic!), and the upholstery on those seats is identical to my eye, except for the headrest design, which I could have stitched separately.

That said, can anyone tell me if they know where I could find the specific kit for my 81, OR, if a kit for a 93-ish Firebird would work?

Thanks so much for any leads and info!

Attachments

• IMG_2829.JPG
    IMG_2829.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2103.JPG
    IMG_2103.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 211

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor