1981 grand prix weather stripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett_s

n00b
Jul 6, 2009
hey guys. I have a 81 GP that i pulled out of a barn. It has sat for over 15 years and needs minimal work. It needs most of the weather stripping, but i am having a unbelievably hard time finding weather stripping for this car. I desperately need a sunroof seal because it gets mass quantities of water in it when it rains here. Anybody know what i can do about this or have a site i can buy from.
Thanks in advance.

you can still get the stripping around the doors idk about the sunroof. where i live it cost for one strip depends on which side too its around 150 each

You got the roof not t tops right . I'd check the soft seal and the like outfits but I read that sun roof seal were hard to find as few were made. Good luck on search . I'll see if a find anything .

yeah i have the power sun roof not the t tops. I can find the seal for different g bodies but im not sure if all the g bodies came with the same sun roof. does anybody know if they are all interchange able or if they are car specific?

post here if you find the weather stripping for the sun roof. I can't seem, to find it anywhere. I have the same problem it makes me say :wtf:

The sunroof seal is a GM part number 20062590. I think it has been discontinued but you might find a dealership with old stock (you can ask any GM dealership to do a nationwide search for it). www.oldbuickparts.com also carries it.

It is not a particularly fun job changing that seal BTW. You have to remove the entire sunroof assembly from the car...

Link to G-Body Parts is dead. Any other input?

Taking the sunroof itself out isn't bad, its the headliner that is the pain. Just popped the sunroof today to re-do the headliner and sunroof shade and figured it'd be a good idea to redo that gasket too. So the search continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor