1982 z-28 camaro!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be having trouble today!

NO 350 WAS EVER OFFERED IN A 1982 Z28!

They were all 305 only. Some had fuel injection, some had computer carburetors.

its a 350, probably the mistaken the year, but a 350 in those generation, what kind of motor it is ??

That body style only ran a 350 from 1987-1992. They were all TPI multi port fuel injected and two bolt main only.

There's nothing wrong with two bolt blocks. You're not going to the drag strip every day (and even if you did) so you'll be fine.

A 350 car will have the eighth digit of the VIN read 8. If it's 7,G,H,F then you have a 305 car.

The car is so old, it may not be original anyway.

To tell what engine you have exactly, you need the stamped 3 letter code. It is found stamped into a part of the block deck that extends just beyond the head behind the alternator on the passenger's side of the engine. For example, a "CTB" designation I believe is a 350 from a 1970.5 Z-28. If it is a truck engine, the first letter will be "T", car is "C". From there, you can figure out just which engine you have by typing the code into your browser followed by the word engine and see what Google spits out. I recently did this for a neighbor of mine who had a "TMV" 350. It turned out to be a medium duty truck engine from the late 70's/early 80's.

youir right, anyway, I' not taking chance on that one... probably a 305 and try to sell for a 350...

if the car was never touched then its def. a 305 seeing how its a Z28 it probably uses the rare but retarded crossfire injection..if someone is trying to sell you this car and con u into thinking its a 350..walk away

I'm walking away, I' pretty sure to go with a 350 4 bolt main from a chevy pick-up, can't go wrong there I believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor