1983 el camino mid length headers

Tomicamino

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Aug 27, 2019
Finland
I know there is thread for headers, but did not find answers there. So I like to hear what mid length headers are you using or hear someone using them. A small block chevy with afr heads with d port exhaust.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I've used Hedmans on my sbc stuff. Not sure what they offer for anything beyond standard GM parts as far as sizing though.

Reactions: 1 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
There's was another thread on this few months back, maybe a year?

From back then, most were using Headman. I picked up a set for my 86 Vin Y 307, didn't work so stayed with manifolds. I found a decent set for Chevy V8 in 87 Caprice being built 2017, these were mid length 3 inch collector. They were tight to the block, so should work G Body, but can't find supplier now. Yet they looked like direct copy of the Headman Mid-length.

Last edited:

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Would the Hedman 69539 work for this? It's an S10 header with D ports.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Maybe if running L98 heads. The tube design is similar to what I used for the Caprice. Never tried in the G body with SBC, but basic design might work.

If you note, the 5 and 6 tube comes straight out farther than the 3 and 4 tube and then bends back to the collector. It has to be like that or it will make contact with the plug. Even if using shortie header plugs, those two tubes are the most critical. On the set I had, you could see where they didn't stay aligned in the jig before welding. The back side of #5 I had to beat in a large dent to clear the plug.

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Missed that part... He has D Ports so should be ok. Angled plugs? Not sure. Straight plugs? Should be ok, might have to use header plugs.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor