STOLEN 1983 Hurst Olds - Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Definite high possibility of an inside job. Plus they are among the easiest cars in the world to steal, and all interchangeable parts. They are hot targets for thieves. I never let my G-Body out of sight. If I'm going to into the city with it, I will only go to places where I will be able to have my eye on its where its parked. If I can't I just won't take it. I also have a column locker and I will sometimes go to the length of pulling the fuel injector fuse.

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
I have a 83 Hurst and I wouldn't leave it outside either. Once you get your car back you need to put a kill switch in it, maybe under the hood, to turn the power from the battery on/off. Also you can hook a car alarm up to a little lawnmower battery if you want.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I have a 83 Hurst and I wouldn't leave it outside either. Once you get your car back you need to put a kill switch in it, maybe under the hood, to turn the power from the battery on/off. Also you can hook a car alarm up to a little lawnmower battery if you want.

That'll do him no good if he leaves the car with complete strangers for 2 weeks. A g-body should have be out of sight or left with strangers. ESPECIALLY a beauty like that.

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
Well yeah it's good if its at his home or at the shop, because if he did have something like a battery kill switch that was hidden, then him and the mechanic would be the only people to know about it. There is your proof right there that it was an inside job.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Well yeah it's good if its at his home or at the shop, because if he did have something like a battery kill switch that was hidden, then him and the mechanic would be the only people to know about it. There is your proof right there that it was an inside job.

The battery kill switch doesn't prove anything. If you have know how and unlimited round the clock access to the car, you will find the location of that kill switch in 10-20 minutes. The car was parked outside in Chicago. You could flat bed the car out and work out the kinks later without destroying the column. The car only has 1 power source, the battery under the hood. Trace the wires.

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
I understand that, but with something like that it could have prevented it possibly. That's all I am saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor