1983 Malibu Wagon (Swaggin Wagon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
You can always look into the summit racing kits, they are cheap and you just have to use a bit of elbow grease to get them to work. For real over the axle exhaust anyhow.

Dumps and mufflers work, and are cheap.

Hickrocket1258

Greasemonkey
Dec 3, 2013
West Chester, PA
Update on car.

I bought true duals from some guy in Jersey with Cherry Bombs which kind of isn't my sound but it will do for $95. I also bought a Monte Carlo SS rear from him for $175 as well.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Nice, I saw a few exhausts on Craigslist in the tri-state area. Glad you finally got something at least.

TylerW

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 30, 2008
LOL. That Qjet flows up to 750 cfm from the factory. And, unlike the Holley, it won't have to be replaced once the engine starts drawing in more than 650 cfm.

The main problems with Qjets are people that have never touched one, yet "know" how bad they must be. I've had many including the dualjet 2bbl version and even the computer-controlled versions have run great. Holley and Edelbrock's main draw is that they are SIMPLE carbs that almost anyone can figure out and look impressive to the looky-loo's at car shows and garage bs sessions. Holley carbs definitely have their place, but Qjets will get better mileage and be more versatile on a street engine.

Here's a video for your listening pleasure. Notice there is no bog. They only start bogging when backyard mechanics who know more than the Rochester engineers loosen the secondary doors until they nearly fall open, and/or remove the secondary door dampner because it "holds it back"

Good luck on the build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dCdfJmXhxU

Hickrocket1258

Greasemonkey
Dec 3, 2013
West Chester, PA
Update on the car. It has pretty much just sat until this past weekend. Some of the main things that happened....

Saturday put everything together to put on the road, and we noticed on the ride that the brakes were a little mushy. My buddy goes to bleed the rear drums and pop. The brake line busted. We got real lucky, so he replaced the line while I worked on some other random things.

I went to pick up a dishwasher from my dads good friend but ended up taking a Holley 600 carb with me that he had sitting around. He used to work for Bill Jenkins, so I know the carb will be good for the car. Anyways put it on and boy did it sound healthy.

At this point, we are trying to put some miles on it before we try to take it 3.5 hours to OCMD cruise weekend.

Also I have a set of 906 Vortec heads that I'm getting for nothing either. Getting some good parts for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor