1984 Buick Regal front wheel wells

fcsteve

n00b
Dec 25, 2023
Hello
I am looking for fitment information for front wheel wells, or wheelhouses, for my 1984 Regal. It was being built as a drag race car, and the originals were thrown out by the previous owner. I am not putting the car back to stock, as the car has been modified too much for that. I do really want to install some original front plastic wheel wells, not necessarily the exact ones, but some that just fit. I had seen some on ebay, that came off a Cutlass, that the seller said would also fit a Regal. I think the Cutlass was a 1988, and they did look similar in how they would mount up. I know I need to keep in the 1984-87 range, does anyone know of any interchange on these? Any help will be much appreciated, thanks!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The 81'-87' Regal fenders are the same so even if there any minor changes to the later years the pre 84' wheel wells would still bolt up.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
You need 1981-1987 2-door coupe wheelwells only.

Cutlass will not fit, the wheel arch is a different shape.

You can b@$+@rdize the whole car by swapping hood, header, bumpers and fender with wheelwells from a 2dr 81-88 rwd cutlass coupe onto a regal or vice versa as both are j47 bodies and share a common firewall, doors, and core support. Back in the 1990s when the cars were worth under $500 running if beat up that was seen when cars got wrecked and someone wanted one back on the road cheap.

fcsteve

n00b
Dec 25, 2023
You need 1981-1987 2-door coupe wheelwells only.

Cutlass will not fit, the wheel arch is a different shape.

You can b@$+@rdize the whole car by swapping hood, header, bumpers and fender with wheelwells from a 2dr 81-88 rwd cutlass coupe onto a regal or vice versa as both are j47 bodies and share a common firewall, doors, and core support. Back in the 1990s when the cars were worth under $500 running if beat up that was seen when cars got wrecked and someone wanted one back on the road cheap.
Hi again, thanks for the quick responses! So I guess the inner fenders, where the wheel wells would bolt to, are the same 1981-87. I hope so, as that will open up to a lot of options for finding them, thanks again Steve

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Where are you located? I know where two are, oem, still in the regal. Not sure on price but can find out

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I can find out prices, cars are not mine, but been working with local salvage yard to market his G Body items.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor