Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsAndyDude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2014
Olympia Washington
oldmansmonte said:
ItsAndyDude said:
New project. I will post better pictures later. I just got my hands on a 1984 Caprice Landau. Looking to go black and keep the chrome molding. It has a 350 in it and a 400 transmission. Looking to network with other Caprice owners. Might need a few parts if you have extras or are parting out some projects. Location is Olympia Washington state. Let me know what you think of my car. Cheers!

Dude that's totally old man mint. I would rock it just as it is. Its got good looking paint, pinstripe, moldings and everything. Once you change that you cant get it back. I would tint the windows, put exhaust and it and some rally's. Just sayin.

Yeah I understand what you are saying but I want all the original badges that it is missing.I only own black cars. Its just my thing. And in person the bumper fillers are pretty bad. Alot of cracking and wholes in it.the grill has chips and some peices broke out of it. Im just trying to restore it to original crispness.

ItsAndyDude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2014
Olympia Washington
Yeah those landau emblems are very close to what I need and will do... the ones that came originally where the little caprice symbol to the left of the landau.but if you want to sell them I am interested.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
You can buy the fillers online but lots of people go with fiberglass since the body/ paint shop can just kind of fabricate it same time w/ the rest of the paint job its faster and cost about the same.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Don't replace the original grille. I did that on my Caddy and closed the hood too hard one day (my finger slipped it was -5 degrees) found out why its called the 'egg-crate' style grille. It really does sound like eggs smacking the ground when all those little plastic pieces start popping off and hitting the ground lol

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
Did one of those a few years ago. Started with a plain 4 door ride and went from their. I used a vortec headed 350 with a comp EX=268 cam and a th350 with a 3.42 gear from a cop car. Put a 100 shot and it went mid 12 on spray and opened a lot of eyes on the street. At one of the track one guy was running a 2 door post set up for brackets. 421 sbc with a 700r4 and not sure on the gearing. Lifted the left front to the 60ft mark and ran 11.50s in the full size, dog dish hub caps and drag radials. Drove it to the track and enjoyed it, Cool ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor