1984 grand national everyday car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
They are a great "everyday" car....depends on what part of the country you live in. Hell, back in the day all of these cars were "everyday" cars...That being said, hell no I wouldn't drive a really sweet G-Body, especially a G.N. as a daily. JMO I do every now and again see a G-Body in my area as daily drivers, however they aren't desireable ones to many.... 8)

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
If you leave it stock install anti theft devices drive it and have fun.
I been meaning to start dd driving my 86 58k mileage GN for the last 3yrs but I keep forgeting I own one until I go in garage and see it. :rofl:

shortydoowop138

Greasemonkey
Feb 15, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
I had an 84 Type-T as a daily & loved it. It was fun & fast. Only drawback was So Cali stop & go traffic & Honda's always wanting to race. Currently plan on doing an engine swap & putting the drive train in my 81 Regal.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
LSCustoms said:
I am not a fan of new cars anymore

x2 on that! You generally lose your *ss as soon as you drive them off the lot.

I think driving a g-body everyday would be stressful if you live in a metropolitan area. All the security in the world won't stop a tow truck.

oldiejams

Master Mechanic
Jan 21, 2011
Tucson
JBreu said:
They are a great "everyday" car....depends on what part of the country you live in. Hell, back in the day all of these cars were "everyday" cars...That being said, hell no I wouldn't drive a really sweet G-Body, especially a G.N. as a daily. JMO I do every now and again see a G-Body in my area as daily drivers, however they aren't desireable ones to many.... 8)

do you mean unpopular vehicles in general, or like ss montes in real bad shape. because i see a lot of the latter.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
oldiejams said:
JBreu said:

do you mean unpopular vehicles in general, or like ss montes in real bad shape. because i see a lot of the latter.
I've seen a few beat MOnte Carlos, ss and non ss, MAlibu's and some 'cutty's in my neck of the woods...Most of them are just that, beat..When I see them in the snow/salty conditions I just think damn, what a shame :(

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
There's a GN around the corner from me that's in pretty sad shape. It looks like the bottom is about to fall out of the car. I shake my head every time I drive past it.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
G-Body_Vet said:
There's a GN around the corner from me that's in pretty sad shape. It looks like the bottom is about to fall out of the car. I shake my head every time I drive past it.
Damn i was wondering where i last parked my GN. :rofl:

Solidhank

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2011
Well I live in north eastern Pennsylvania specifically in the Scranton Wilkes Barre area. City life isn't huge here, at all, however I do live in the mountains so what effect would you say that would have on the car?

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
It just means you have to get the undercarriage washed every payday during the winter. You wouldn't want the salt helping to rot out the underneath.

Any car you like will be a fine daily driver if you just stay on top of the maintenance. Brakes, wheel bearings, exhaust, and all the items that normally wear out and need replaced every so often.

I say DO IT! I daily drive a rusted out 88 Firebird, and I love it. Someday I'll finish fixing it up, but first I have to get another Turbo Buick car to daily drive to replace it!

Get the car and enjoy the ride, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor