1985 442 master cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
I think this is the factory set up. Does anyone else have lines that look like this? I would think that as long as the lines are higher then the bleed point and they are pressure bleed it should not make a difference. BTW the picture shows a curl behind the MC it is not a kink.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Not the factory set up, The rear line is green color, new (what I call Teflon coating) The factory lines or pre-bent lines do have spirals in them, but not on a horizontal plane, I found a picture online that shows what I mean, I will take a picture of mine when I get home, but mine have been changed to Stainless Steel lines, but are pre-bent to original form.

Attachments

• IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 921

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
I see what you mean, the green one goes to a line lock then down to the brakes so that is the one I need to look at. The rear line also curls at a angle but the rear brakes work good, when adjusted tight they will lock up. I will try bending them downward and re-bleed and see if it helps. Here is a pic of my GTO, I installed a duel MC last winter and did only gravity bleeding and they work great. Only difference on this one is it does not have a prop. valve, wonder if that would matter when bleeding.
coors car with rally wheels 004.JPG

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
I bought the complete set and stainless flex lines also, the only line that is a little difficult to get in the right position is the line from the proportioning valve to the rear axle.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor