1986 Cutlass hood trim seal/gasket

NOPE. Discontinued for years now. Over 20 years disco'ed I know. I'm surprised that little piece hasn't been repro'd. P/N 22506825

hoodinsulator0401.jpg

Looks like the insulator was only used on the aluminum hoods. Might explain why they are long gone and no one is reproducing this part. How many cars came with aluminum hoods?
9132W_2417.png

• Informative
Reactions: Rktpwrd
My car had one and it's not a diesel. My sister ordered the car and I know that it's the original hood. To me, it looks like if I install the trim without some sort of gasket, it will chip the paint when its tightened up. The hood strips back in the 70's were solid so they sat flat on the hood. These are formed and the edges are rolled with sharp corners. Maybe I'll see if I can make one out of rubber.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor