1986 Regal to GN Tribute car conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtanner68

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2010
I must have been star struck when I saw the car, because I took delivery today and it has split bench seats, not 60/40. I already know the answer, but has anyone that has done bench to bucket for this car have suggestions on the floor bracket mounts.

Also, bout the paint on the grille and trim pieces. Is it body color- high gloss, or flat or semi flat/gloss?

Thanks,

RT

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
If you look below at my sig, Ive been down your road before. But its a road course car, more than a tribute car//clone//what have you. I wish you luck in your build. If you need any help or advice, feel free to pm me, I can find damn near any part you need for these cars or point you in the right direction.

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
The trim and grille on GN's are satin black paint. SEM Black Trim paint is an almost exact OEM match, I used McGuard's satin black trim paint and it was also an almost exact match as well. In other words, damn near any higher quality satin black paint in the spray can will match the GN's trim color. Any hardcore GN owner//restorer that I know personally uses these two brands when touching up trim pieces or bumpers. Remember, prep work is the key to get it looking good, you may have to use some adhesion promoter on some of the parts to get the paint to adhere properly. I got lucky and had the black trim option on my car, so I just had to refresh them a bit. Going over chrome is a little trickier.

If its a 60/40 bench, OEM G-Body bucket seats and brackets will bolt up directly to your current floor mounting points.

You can check out my build thread @ viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17619 for tips, pics, and info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor