1987 Grand Prix Poncho 433 engine mounting help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BYoung43

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2010
I have a 1987 GP with t-tops that I have a 1977 400 engine I want to install. All I need to get me started are the motor mounts from a 78-81 GP that had a 301. Do any of you guys have a pair laying around to sell? I tried the firebird steel block mounts and they won't "find holes" in the frame anywhere. I do have new rubber frame mounts that are correct for a 78-81 301 GP, so I know I'm only off by the block side engine mounts. I'm new to the board, so if there is a link to someone who sells them by the dozen and I missed it, please forgive me........ BTW, this 400 will be a 433 with all forged bottom end from Butler. The Com Cams roller package slated to go in it with lightly ported 6X heads reports from Dyno 2000 software that this engine "should" make over 400 ft-lb of torque all the way from 2000RPM through 6500RPM! PEak torque at ~ 4800RPM is 510ft-lb! 🙂 I CAN'T WAIT!!! This is with a 10:1 pump gas motor. Should be a solid 11 second driver! 🙂

Brad

Try and contact Shotgun on here. He is the Pontiac guru on this board and he may have the mounts you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor