1987 Monte Carlo SS Build - Aka Project Grown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro86tourn

Apprentice
Apr 26, 2020
Also added a sweet manufacturing 10.1 box & ride tech steering kit on the weekend!

now if only I could figure out the stupid lean stumble!! it only happens prior to being on the main jets... quite annoying. Patrick from pro systems says to go smaller on the air bleeds but not sure..

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I don't think it's blowby. You have a stroker crank and are creating more crank case pressure than normal.
The pressurized oil mist has to go somewhere
Agreed, but the job of the baffles is to overcome that. But I believe you’re correct Tony, adding cubes and/or volume to a stock breatherbaffle could be the issue.

As mentioned previously, keep oil in it and keep the catch can drained.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Agreed, but the job of the baffles is to overcome that. But I believe you’re correct Tony, adding cubes and/or volume to a stock breatherbaffle could be the issue.

As mentioned previously, keep oil in it and keep the catch can drained.
The stock truck intake on the LQ4 i rebuilt was loaded.... I mean loaded with oil. I don't know how good the stock baffling works. Of course mine could have had pcv issues prior to tear down.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The stock truck intake on the LQ4 i rebuilt was loaded.... I mean loaded with oil. I don't know how good the stock baffling works. Of course mine could have had pcv issues prior to tear down.
Mine as well, to the point that I cleaned and flushed it with brake clean a bunch of times. No one changes a PCV ever. They get gummed up and stay open all of the time.

Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
There is an update that had a few extra drain holes along the channel of the oil baffle in the valve cover. I punched a few extra holes in mine on rebuild but I hate having running projects so no results yet.

F198645611.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor