1988 Olds cutlass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Alright, my friend just bought a chassis that we where going to use for a race car, but when we went to pick it up... It's beautiful, full body, perfect frame, all glass and interior and in A1 shape, nothing wrong. wheels and tires still there, the only thing missing is the drive-train, by that i mean it doesn't have the Engine or trans. Other than that it would make a great project car, and at that all you'd need is engine, trans, and exhaust.

So now we're debating it we are actually going to cut this thing up, because it's just in too good of shape to chop.

My question is though, i was almost positive that ALL gbodys except monte carlos where stopped production in 1987, can somebody link me to a vin decoder? The 10th digit is H.

**Edit** found a VIn source that's still online, and yeah H = 1987 model year.

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
First half of 88 you could still get a rwd cutlass, mid year went to fwd. I have an 88, they called them Cutlas Supreme Classic.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
It's an 87. Once i get some pictures up, what would a solid rust free, perfect frame, good suspension rollling chassis, perfect body panels, great interior and all good glass car be worth? No engine or trans. Clean though

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
:worthless:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Man dont cut it up! I know its yours but its getting harder to find gbodies in good conditions especially when you go north. That would be a shame IMO.

88Classic

Apprentice
Jan 9, 2011
Lansing, IL
I agree don't cut it up! I barely see any G-Bodies anymore...and the ones I do are all rotted out!

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Well he owns the chassis as of now, it won't be "ours" untill i put parts into it, so it's really his decision. Once i get some pics up of it and find out what its worth that';; probably determine the cars fate, yeah i hate to see a good gbody get turned into a race chassis.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
please buy that off him and restore it. it's such a shame to see gbodies cut up when i'm sure he could find a caprice of f body somewhere.

all goodtrim, little rust, great interior and glass would be around 700 to 1500 neg, atleast that's what i'd be willing to pay. our cars really aren't worth much unless you're parting them out or in extreamly good shape. it's worth putting the drive train in it and save it.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
I'll put it to you this way, if he's having second thoughts about chopping it, it's a good sign.

And using a caprice or Fbody is out of the question, we deff need a Gbody. We're hunting for something as close to 87 as possible and trying to keep it a monte carlo. If all else fails, you'll be seeing me with allot of cutlass pieces on here for sale.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Alright so i got the real story behind this car. It's in bad shape, somebody let it go hard. It's already been "molested" for parts, all of the good suspension parts where stripped and then replaced with bent/ broken parts so it would still be able to roll around for towing purposes. The interior is not in good shape as we where told, it's not torn or burnt but dirty, really dirty.

And the guy who sold it to my friend made him a deal that he wants the front end back, so we have to walk it off and give it up. Sorry guys

The only parts as of now that will be for sale are All the windows (glass) and anything interior related, so PM me if you need something and i'll set it aside.

Also as far as i know, taillights and still there and in good shape :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor