1990 K1500 Runs... Kinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

stew86MCSS396

Greasemonkey
Aug 1, 2022
(808)
Sorry to hear that. I too recently bought one of dem kits for the ricer but thought it would be nice to have the tbi filter adapter. I’m gonna be mad with you if it’s made the same way. 🤬

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The tbi fitting is legit the only reason I bought it. And the gauge I guess. Should get my money back for false advertising. Now tomorrow I'm going to do what I should have, and use some rubber hose and a T.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I'm about ready to spend $1000 and carb the son of a b*tch if the new injectors don't solve the problem once I can actually check fuel pressure.

stew86MCSS396

Greasemonkey
Aug 1, 2022
(808)
Omg I must have been drinking when I ordered the kit. 🍺 😵

Attachments

• C761E09E-53D2-470C-91B8-BBDEAB351E4B.jpeg
    C761E09E-53D2-470C-91B8-BBDEAB351E4B.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 54

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
use some rubber hose and a T.

A quick check of the pump would be to dead head test the pump. Just one hose on the fuel line from the pump. Iirc ecm will cycle the pump relay with a quick engine crank.

Thinking bout the ole tbi is bringing back memories. Bad egr valve opening can cause the same or similar symptoms. I’ve replaced a lot of them yrs ago. I’ve either watched the egr if the diaphragm moved or felt with my finger tips if it opened during the stumble. Easy fix

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
A quick check of the pump would be to dead head test the pump. Just one hose on the fuel line from the pump. Iirc ecm will cycle the pump relay with a quick engine crank.

Thinking bout the ole tbi is bringing back memories. Bad egr valve opening can cause the same or similar symptoms. I’ve replaced a lot of them yrs ago. I’ve either watched the egr if the diaphragm moved or felt with my finger tips if it opened during the stumble. Easy fix
I've had the egr disconnected and its corresponding port plugged to rule it out.

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
I've had the egr disconnected and its corresponding port plugged to rule it out.

The hose on top of the egr valve is linked to a sensor. There’s no vacuum there to actuate the valve. Manifold pressure on the intake manifold side actuates it.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I found this video and I'm going to do this.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I made that contraption and I guess the act of removing the NEW fuel filter made it run.
No brakes tho. Almost hit my car, a fence, and ran a highway offramp stop sign behind a state trooper. My brother who "did the brakes" has a sucker punch coming.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Good fuel pressure and funny how fuel volume is important. I had a bad new in box Carter mechanical fuel pump act like your truck did on an Olds 307. I have seen a few of new Qjet paper filters plugged. The blow through test is obviously a good test, even on new EFI filters. We would do that on old ones and occasionally test new ones as well, never found a bad new one. I watch a few of the YouTube channels like Vice Grip Garage. All these long sitting vehicles with screwed brakes. My 70S had Ok brakes, sat for years but I did replace all the wheel cylinders and master cylinder eventually. Even my Dakota just blew a wheel cylinder out of the blue, due to the rear brakes not self adjusting. Probably a master cylinder and new wheel cylinders and maybe some lines and hoses are also in your future. At least one issue is fixed and cheaply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor