2 line locks and a delay box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blammotor

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2008
South Bend In
I was wondering if any one has ever used two line locks and delay box before and how did it work. Dont want to put a t brake in the car at this point but would love to run the electronics class at some events

78PanelExpress

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2009
south-central PA
No, but I will be running a front line lock and a trans brake. I have a thumb-operated (momentary) button on the left side of the Hurst T-Handle wired to a SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw with a center "OFF" position) toggle switch mounted in a small plate which I pop-riveted to the left side of the steering column (within reach of my left index finger without having to take my left hand completely off the steering wheel) which enables me to select which of the 2 functions the 12 volt power source goes to (either the transmission brake OR the forward Line Lock but never both at the same time). I also have a red flashing led activated when it is in trans brake mode just as a reminder because trans brakes create allot of heat in the transmission (Powerglide in my case). I did it like this as I was told by the trans builder to only (engage/enable) use the trans brake after the car is completely staged and NOT before since it is difficult to keep (under control) the rapid heat build up in the trans even using extreme methods to cool the transmission! We shall see how it works but not till next season as it looks like now with the planned addition of the straight front axle will not happen as quick as I was hoping for.

Attachments

• Picture 114.jpg
    Picture 114.jpg
    898 KB · Views: 707

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
I tried it but never had much luck making it hold the car. Maybe yours will work out better than mine but I broke down and went ahead with the transbrake.

mickey-d

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
I don't think it will hold the rear brakes, but you could try it. It is not designed for that. It was originally designed to hold a car during burnouts, to lock the front tires so the car would not move. It was also used to keep a stick shift car from rolling through the lights after staging. I think I'm right, but I'm sure someone will disagree. ..........mickey-d :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor