200c to 350 trans vac line etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanK

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2008
Swapping 200c for th350 what is needed? crossmember or can I just move crossmember back or forward? Where does vac line for trans modulator go to? Putting 350 Olds so I will have to redo some things. Also were does vac. advance for dist and vac line for pwr brakes go to? :?: , the carb??? 85 Cutlass

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
some 350's used the vac modulator, some used a "kickdown cable. it depends on which model you get. vac dist and brakes lines will not be changed.
personally i'd go with a 200R4 though. it's completely different from the 200 and 200c trans.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
All TH350's use the vacuum modulator for the upshifts and the TV cable for the down shift or "passing gear"

The vacuum line from the modulator needs to be hooked straight into the manifold.

The power brakes also go to the intake manifold. Lots of GM cars use the very bottom fitting on the back of the carburetor for this.

The distributor and EGR use ported vacuum. That means there is only vacuum in that line during part throttle use. It's easy to see where to put them on the carburetor. The full vacuum ports are at the bottom, below the throttle plates. The ported vacuum for the vacuum advance on the distributor is in the middle section of the front of the carb, above the throttle plates. The big one on the top of the carb is for the fuel bowl vent. It needs to be either open or hooked to the charcoal canister.

I have used the 200 crossmember for the TH350 before. You may have to slot the hole a little for the 350 mount to go in the hole properly, but the mount is supposed to be in the same position as the TH200 and TH250C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor