2011 Caprice 6.0 6 speed RWD!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
There is a member on the impala ss forum who is a fleet Chevy dealer and he somehow worked a deal where he can sell the Caprices to the public, but it has to be paid for in full.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
axisg said:
Wow that would be great. I know they have been flogging the Police Version for a couple of years on the Auto Show Circuit and to the individual police forces but that's a specialized division within GM. Reading on the Impala boards I was under the impression everything was on-hold until the Impala ends it's current run in 2013-2014.

I really hope to see it. I wanted a G8 when the lease was up on wifeys Impala last spring but we couldn't get one in my price range ( so I kept the Imp ).

I guess as long GM keeps paying down the bailout loans GM will do the things they really want to do. I would love a G8 too. They looks awesome.

This is a British version. This one is a Vauxhaul Bathhurst vxr8 http://www.worldcarfans.com/10902111693 ... harged-ls3

85ss808

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2010
Kapolei, HI
axisg said:
I don't like being the one to burst your bubble but that vid is from October 2009. GM has since re-structured the company with Gov't funds and killed the deal to re-introduce the Zeta V8 RWD platform ( G8, Caprice, GTO, ect... ).

Clearly the video is old but nothing that Jim Campbell said in it is false. This car will be in the U.S.- although not in anyone's driveway at first- but at least is that much closer to giving average Joe's a reason to go to their local GM dealer. I, for one, don't have 40K-50K+ to put up for a Camaro or Corvette (God knows I wish though) and nothing else in their portfolio gives many of us (read: enthusiast) much of a reason to buy anything GM. Even though it looks tame and a little bland (see the Holden website) this is what defines a real sleeper and could give some real bang for the buck. GM is making a comeback and it's about time- my "bubble" is still growing :D

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I still think it would be cooler to see some Camaro cop cars. Around here all we got is Chargers and Crown Vics.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I don't know what yall see in that thing, that car is fugly. I'd rather have the new SRT-8 Charger with that 6.4L Hemi putting out over 400 horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor