Crazy4elkys

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2017
Upper SC
P
13 ss.jpg
13ss.jpg
2013ss.png
Purchased this car from copart to steel the engine and trans out for a project I have. After looking at how little damage the 20400 mile car had, I decided to repair it. What do you think?

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think you made the right choice!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Insurance TOTALED that?!? First check whether the body alignment is far enough out that you'll have steering and safety issues before dumping a lot of money in there. Not sure whether the shop needs the drivetrain in or out to make that evaluation.

**EDIT** I need to stay away from the keyboard tonight. The humility tank is still not full.

The first two pictures are the AFTER shots. Awesome job matching everything back up. That was a 'steel'!

Reactions: 1 user

Crazy4elkys

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2017
Upper SC
Thanks guys, We have a frame shop local here that knocked it out of the park on this one. When I put the engine cradle back in it the bolts lined up perfect. The hood and fender gaps are dead on too. The wheels have 2000 mile on them off a 2015 ss.
Did i tell you shes for sale.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
That's what happens when you put Frod stripes on your GM, kids!

I think they were going for an L88 stripe, but yes Ford and a lot of dealers put that stripe on.

I actually wanted that single stripe when I was looking for my 13 5.0 but settled for dual stripes.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Good choice on flipping it. Glad to hear GM improved the interior, it was awful. The newest ones have better body lines than the 16? and older but they are still not quite there in looks department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor