2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Does Alberta/Sask have insane levels of grasshoppers like Northern MT does? Judging by the photo I assume yes.

OMG I have never seen the amount of bugs smashed on the front of vehicles like I did on Hwy 2 between Glasgow and Shelby MT. It sounds like you are hitting hail when you drive through a swarm.

Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Continued...

This thing is called a Hellpig. Ancient ancestry is real.
View attachment 204730 View attachment 204731
I wish this car was that light weight...

The scenery is insane in Drumheller.
View attachment 204732

Northernregal came down to say hi, so we took him to see the World's Biggest Dinosaur for the fourth time. LOL.
View attachment 204733

Yes, I made helicopter noises.
View attachment 204734
And hummed the theme to Air Wolf.

Another wallpaper moment at the Dinosaur Provincial Park.
View attachment 204735

I mean... come on. Who wouldn't compression brake and exhaust crackle their way down this road?
View attachment 204736

The one big advantage of living down a gravel road is that you just stop caring about the silly crap like dust getting on your car.
View attachment 204737

Convince me this isn't the perfect all around car. I'll wait...
View attachment 204738

Off to Medicine Hat and Miles of Mayhem!
Was good to meet you Mike, you aren't the salty, surly grumpasaur you make yourself out to be on the interwebs. Lol
Does Alberta/Sask have insane levels of grasshoppers like Northern MT does? Judging by the photo I assume yes.

OMG I have never seen the amount of bugs smashed on the front of vehicles like I did on Hwy 2 between Glasgow and Shelby MT. It sounds like you are hitting hail when you drive through a swarm.
Yes....

I've had a Kenworth get hot from the bugs in the grill blocking airflow. It's pretty bad some times.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory

Did it look like this?
20220815_151804.jpg

On my way to Great Falls right now.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

The answer is yes. Oh, God yes. You can see them lining the road looking like little rocks - just hanging out waiting to die.

About an hour an a half from home I mentioned to Natasha that the steering wheel was shaking. It came out of nowhere. I thought we'd lost a wheel weight. Nope.

Got out at a gas station and noticed we'd gained one. Didn't seem like enough to cause a problem.

PXL_20220816_011620592.jpg

Came back from paying to clean it off and got a closer look.

surprised oh my GIF

PXL_20220816_011628201.jpg
PXL_20220816_011640765.jpg

Yup, that'll do it. Never in my life have I seen anything like this. Absolutely. Disgusting.

Five and a half hours of driving netted a murder scene.

PXL_20220816_011652817.jpg

The car attracts flies and wasps within moments of parking thanks to the putrid smell of cooking grasshopper carcasses. I've been around and experienced some things... but, this... this... is the thing of nightmares.

I washed off what I could see... but, I know there is more in there.

new york film GIF

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Was good to meet you Mike, you aren't the salty, surly grumpasaur you make yourself out to be on the interwebs. Lol

Ditto. But, don't pull back the curtain too far... I'll lose the mystique of the online personality.

Every grumpasaur has its moments...
T Rex Dinosaur GIF

• Haha
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Looked like a great trip. Yeah, our GT collects bugs like crazy on the front too, along with the mirrors. Thankfully we have been too wet this year in our area for hoppers. I hated Grasshoppers when I was a kid growing up in the dry 80's in Manitoba, there were a ridiculous amount. You get about the same mileage as we do, pulling our boat with the GT, not bad👍.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor