2019 Oldsmobile Club of America Nationals, Wichita KS Jun 25-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Yeah now that you and a few others mention it about the paint, its kinda like "oooooohhhhh yeahhhhh" it rings a bell. I just didn't remember it being quite so obvious. I always chalked it up to crappy attention to detail and build quality. These things aren't exactly hand built Aston Martins. That's for sure.

I just did another re: the 64-72 A-body cars here. I have no idea what I'm talking about but I need to put some sort of commentary over the top lol. It turned out just over 45m long. That's the distribution of cars here. I guess it makes sense given the ZOMG MUSEL CAR but it'd be nice to see a wider mix. I was expecting to see a lot more _really_ early Olds here, like 10s-20s-40s, even 50s, instead of the handful that were here. I think I've already lamented the lack of H/X cars. Predictably the later '80s FWD stuff is also completely absent. Granted they were throwaways but you know. I guess we know where the money is at.

If anyone cares, next year is going to be in Nashville, or more precise Murfeesboro TN. I talked to the guy running the G-Body "tail of the dragon" run (I need to start a thread on that) and I guess they're planning on a huge huge event, being the 50th OCA anniversary and all. It's probably within my driving range so I guess I should start planning. Especially now that I know what to expect. I kinda went into this not knowing what to expect at all.

See you all in Cleveland in a month.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And here's that vacuum tank thing I was talking about. G47 is the first figure:

Attachments

• 86-88 G AC control vacuum tank without cruise.jpg
    86-88 G AC control vacuum tank without cruise.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 150

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
And here's that vacuum tank thing I was talking about. G47 is the first figure:

yep, that's what I have in the upper left. Part #1. (#2 are the screws derp) The mounts are broken on mine so its just flopping around under the hood until I can find another one. Apparently they're not common.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
yep, that's what I have in the upper left. Part #1. (#2 are the screws derp) The mounts are broken on mine so its just flopping around under the hood until I can find another one. Apparently they're not common.
No, they're not common. Montes without cruise used them too. I'm imagining all G-bodies without cruise did. But I still don't see why you absolutely would need that style of vacuum tank regardless unless you were wanting to keep everything original. The round type can be had a lot of times for 10-20 bucks or less new. Aftermarket or GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor