2022 Turkey Rod Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project Paladin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2022
The wife and I are heading to Daytona this week. We plan to visit the Turkey Rod Run. Any one else planning to be there? If so have fun and I plan to take some pics of G-bodies and the swap meet if allowed. I will get info and post photos if interested. Hope to take our project next spring if I can get the body work and paint done by then.

Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The wife and I are heading to Daytona this week. We plan to visit the Turkey Rod Run. Any one else planning to be there? If so have fun and I plan to take some pics of G-bodies and the swap meet if allowed. I will get info and post photos if interested. Hope to take our project next spring if I can get the body work and paint done by then.
Wear a good pair of walking shoes.

Reactions: 1 user

Project Paladin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2022
if anyone has any request's let me know... i know I am looking at power seat tracks covers for example, so I am taking pics... I am also looking at seat belt release block-off solutions.

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
How was it? Any pics?

I haven't been to the Turkey Rod Run since our cars were still a common sight on the roads and viable daily drivers!

Project Paladin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2022
How was it? Any pics?

I haven't been to the Turkey Rod Run since our cars were still a common sight on the roads and viable daily drivers!
I didn't get pics. I realized later that I did not. We walked for miles and miles and had our granddaughter who is one. I was looking for g body vendors and stuff (almost non existent) and to be honest, I was a little disappointed in the representation of g bodies. Most of the ones I saw were not in great shape. I am glad people are still driving them but most of them needed major tlc or had the souls of these cars ripped from them with gaudy LS engines, blowers 3 feet high painted neon lime with 22' gold rims... etc... but I digress... to each his own.

At any rate, I plan on going back next year and hope to see these beauties continue to be brought back to glory.

Reactions: 1 user

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
It might be a few more years before we start seeing classy restorations at shows. We get a couple nice G bodies at Good Guys Show here in CO; but it’s mostly the stuff we’ve been seeing for 30 years now (tri 5s, novas, Chevelles, B body Mopar etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor