3,700-Mile 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme on BaT...

Trader history (0)

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Can;t believe the money these generic secretary cars are bringing, Fine car, I'm sure, but no wow factor to my eye.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
No, it's difficult. The only thing that it has going for it is that 3700 mile figure. If it weren't for the miniscule miles, it's just another run of the mill Cutlass with a 140HP 307. The paint flaws were typical of the day, so no huge surprise, but I'd fix it anyway. Fugg it.

OTOH, if you want to customize it and dump an LS engine into it, etc., there's no finer platform than this car, which is essentially new. Except for the "incorrect" radiator overflow tank. It has a 4-door version in it. Mistake? Probably not. Either something happened to the original or someone changed it out for some other reason.

Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
25K? No sh*t? Wow. Can't really drive it. Well, not much. With every mile, it'll depreciate off the cliff.

And I'm going to bet whoever paid that much doesn't know squat about those 3 speed 200s. Or probably anything else about the car, really. Clean, kinda collectible (debatable), and minty fresh needing some TLC? Sure. But if I was going to buy a museum piece, it wouldn't be this one. I might pay 16 or so, but not 25. That's getting into stupid land. Only possible reason is if I had that exact car back in my 20s or if it used to be grandma's car or some other sentimental reason and wanted to relive that era or something. But hey, that's just bolsters the clean H/O and 442 prices.

Reactions: 3 users

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Somebody please buy this car so you can sell me the rims!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor