3.8 turbo / regal questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
hi. ive been looking around and ive been finding alot of super clean 3.8l non turbo regals for the right price. well the first thing that comes to mind is t-type clone. im sure the t-type 3.8 is a little beefier than the non turbo, so my first question is whats the diffrence between the blocks? second question is can i get either factory or aftermarket turbo stuff to make the clone easily? any feedback would be great. im supposed to be buying a daily driver or thats what my wife thinks, hehe. so if i can make it cool-er while im driven it and she dont know the diffrence ill stay outta the dog house. thanks and when i pick the one i want ill be postn the pics.

shortydoowop138

Greasemonkey
Feb 15, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
I'm not an expert but the internals are different for a turbo'd block.. Plus most have an oiling sysem for the turbo.. How much do u plan on sending on ur daily cuz if u shop around you can find a turbo'd Regal for cheap.. I found a running '84 for $2100.. Try Craigslist, Turbobuick & Turbobuicks.. Might find urself a nice Christmas present..

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
shortydoowop138 said:
I'm not an expert but the internals are different for a turbo'd block.. Plus most have an oiling sysem for the turbo.. How much do u plan on sending on ur daily cuz if u shop around you can find a turbo'd Regal for cheap.. I found a running '84 for $2100.. Try Craigslist, Turbobuick & Turbobuicks.. Might find urself a nice Christmas present..

thanks for responding since your the only one who did. i dont know whats up with the regal guys on the forum but what ever. i decided to stick with what im good with so i picked up another olds. plus the people who have olds' are more reciptive and all around more helpfull based off this one thread i posted. thanks for responding again and my dislike for the regals guys right now does not include you.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Buick guys are super helpful just not many on here. Try Buick boards like www.V8Buick.com & www.turbobuicks.com. There was also a lot more interesting Olds sold than Buicks both in modles and volume hense a larger following. But they generally have a better 455 although more scarce and expensive and what needs to be said about the turbo v6. Sequencial port fuel injection, computer controlled turbo & engine management, intercooled, way ahead of its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor