Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
just whent on the site and found a 3 core for $115 :shock:
I may just chance it and get this one,says its high efficiency.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
High eff is the core/fin design.. there are more fins per inch, which is a good thing.

I am still concerned about the lack of idle , something is wrong. Idle is one screw unless something is way off, intial timing,idle mixture etc etc.

Is this a new engine or new to the car?

Never saw a head gasket pop at 205. Hell some new cars fans don't kick on until 212. Would not want to "live" at 205 but you should not hurt anything.

I would still try and dial it in first.

I use a large rolling fan when breaking in engines. Break-in is the worst torture for a motor.

Try running a box fan in front to keep it cool while dialing it in.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Checkon E-Bay.just search the year of your car like " 86 cutlass radiator" and many will pop up.I bought an aliminum radiator from classic radiators (good gfor 800 hp) made by champion for like $200 to my door.I alkso have a heavy duty clutch fan and a 180 Degree thermostat.never had an issue. BTW, my motor is 514 hp. Hope this helps.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yeah, real 4-cores are going for $200 and up. For what it's worth, I have a 3 -row brass 80' Firebird radiator in my Bonnewagon right now I squeezed in when I was getting the car up and running. I have a 4-core from a Malibu and an aluminum 4-core substitute from RockAuto ($99 on sale!) that I just have been too lazy to swap in. The Firebird one fit, the shroud needed some "persuading" but it's on, and it cools so good I can't be bothered to change it right now. The reason I mention it is maybe one of your buddies has a Firebird 3 or 4 row radiator kicking around that you can put in just to get the car set up.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That's not a radiator, that's a work of art! Should do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor