307 lovers and haters. I got a good one for you.

Brodewok

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2021
good luck in your endeavors . I like the ccc system too it took a while to figure it out now it starts real easy better than my other carbed car which i put alot of money in
Thank you. My endeavors do need luck and it seems I'm running low!... I would like to put CCC on all my Oldsmobiles. I hear the parameters of the computer are only for 307 tho.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I don’t think you have a chance in hell of a carb calibrated for a 455 working on a 307, but I could be wrong - Rochesters are beyond surprising.

Good luck to you.
Don't see why not. May have to jet down the primaries some. 307 VIN 9 carbs at least through 1985 was rated for 800 cfm and came with pretty hefty DA secondary rods, for the most part which would rival many 455 secondary rods. A little tuning and it should work.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Brodewok

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2021
Don't see why not. May have to jet down the primaries some. 307 VIN 9 carbs at least through 1985 was rated for 800 cfm and came with pretty hefty DA secondary rods, for the most part which would rival many 455 secondary rods. A little tuning and it should work.
I think it'll be a little booggy or whatever but I am building a 650 spread bore vac secondary carb for it also. One of em should work enough to get what I need out of it. I'm excited see what it does. I've only ever heard of people taking 307s out to put bigger engines in. Not the opposite. If it works well I'll be really happy. might just build a 2004r for it and leave it in. If it can do the speed limit going up hills it just found a new home.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I would like to put CCC on all my Oldsmobiles. I hear the parameters of the computer are only for 307 tho.
So now take matters into your own hands.

Installing custom chips, since the late 1990's at least if I have read right, as people have been programming them.

ECM's are cheap, spend the summer learning to solder, with your two hands and I guarantee other than the burns- you will not get much regrets there 😎🤟🤟🤟

Brodewok

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2021
So now take matters into your own hands.

Installing custom chips, since the late 1990's at least if I have read right, as people have been programming them.

ECM's are cheap, spend the summer learning to solder, with your two hands and I guarantee other than the burns- you will not get much regrets there 😎🤟🤟🤟
Someone once told me "if anyone ever needs to stack two dancing elephants on a pinwheel and smash it into the side of the queen Mary, I'm the guy for the job." I'll stick to that type of work. Lol. But if you hear of someone willing to make me a computer for a CCC 350-403-455 I'll pay em.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Depending on the year and model of the ECM, most mid-80s ECMs had plug and play PROMS. No soldering required. At least for Oldsmobile VIN 9 engines.

You never said what year VIN 9 engine you had. If it's an 86-90 roller cam 307, yeah, that one sorta sucked.

Brodewok

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2021
Depending on the year and model of the ECM, most mid-80s ECMs had plug and play PROMS. No soldering required. At least for Oldsmobile VIN 9 engines.

You never said what year VIN 9 engine you had. If it's an 86-90 roller cam 307, yeah, that one sorta sucked.
It's a 84. I don't think I'd even try this with a roller 307.
I have a prom for a vin y and a vin 9. Never heard of one for a bigger engine.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Thank you. My endeavors do need luck and it seems I'm running low!... I would like to put CCC on all my Oldsmobiles. I hear the parameters of the computer are only for 307 tho.
While the CCC system is better than a lot of people let on, a TBI setup out of a 305 Van or Truck might be a more worthy upgrade. Updated fuel pump, 305 throttle body, the engine side wire harness out of a truck or van, and a 305 computer would get you going. As long as you have the 3 line setup from the fuel tank that has the return line back to the tank instead of the 2 line setup, it should be a pretty non-invasive swap. Even the TBI computer and harness plops into the passenger kick panel just like the CCC system that is there.

Brodewok

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2021
While the CCC system is better than a lot of people let on, a TBI setup out of a 305 Van or Truck might be a more worthy upgrade. Updated fuel pump, 305 throttle body, the engine side wire harness out of a truck or van, and a 305 computer would get you going. As long as you have the 3 line setup from the fuel tank that has the return line back to the tank instead of the 2 line setup, it should be a pretty non-invasive swap. Even the TBI computer and harness plops into the passenger kick panel just like the CCC system that is there.
I like it. I've tried to wrap my mind around it already. I've seen stand alone TBI systems for 307 go for 1500$ or so. That's a bit out of my price range. I prefer Frankenstein stuff anyway. I have a 1988 suburban with a TBI 350 and 700r4 two wheel drive. The 350 is a smoker and the truck isnt sacred to me. Nor is it gaining value as fast as the other square body trucks. So I've thought about taking the transmission and rigging it onto my 307 vin y with a adapter plate seems the 200-4r's are becoming expensive and hard to come by. Do you think the TBI system would be similar enough to what you're getting at? Same injectors? Different chip? It's a new fuel pump in that thing too so maybe even rig that onto my existing olds tank. The thing that has me unexcited about it is that truck barely gets 10mpg with the TBI and I'd be putting it in a similarly heavy car. Almost reminds me of a 1989 tercel I had that was carbureted and got 40mpg. Then they went to efi two years later and got 30... I'm really sold that the CCC system is the best combination of simple and efficient when everything is tuned. I imagine more power out of the TBI but I'm uninterested in that.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor