350 heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
yes they will fit, same bolt pattern. as for performace increase i do not know i would just get a set of heads with a good casting # or by some dart iron eagles.

ukregal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 2, 2007
London, England
Thanks for the fast reply. The cost for me to ship heads over here will be very costly but I can get a set of 350 heads quite easy and more importantly cheap! :D

montecarlo78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2007
Mesa, AZ
Yes they will fit however 350 heads are not all the same. The biggest problem with the swap is the combustion chamber difference. 305 heads range from 53cc to 60cc (mortec). Most 350 heads are 64cc and some even higher. Unless you plan to do some machine work or a piston swap its not worth it because of the compression loss.

In my opinion the best stock head to put on a 305 is a L98 vette head. They are usually hard to come by and if bought new are more expensive than a aftermarket head for a 305. If you want to spend some money Trickflow makes a nice aluminum head for about a grand.

A vortec swap is never a bad idea either. 300 horsepower is not hard to make with a 305. Car Craft made 325 with just bold ons. I have seen one build of a LG4 go to 375HP with just bolt ons (cant seem to find the link, Im at a computer lab)

325HP build
http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/carcraft325hp305.html

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
IMO the 5.0 Camaro H.O. head will boost the compression and are very nice. Hard to find though. But worth it if you can find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor